R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Race maintenance - avoiding disaster
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 06:03 AM
NitroXray80809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Best thing to do during a race day!
1. Have friends who run the same equipment.
2. Bring aircompressior- A clean car is a better car and makes it easier to go over
3. Bring spare parts and tools, you never know what can happen.
4. After a race make sure your car has no backing out screws, loose screws etc and check ur mesh. Mesh is over looked and it can move by a simple lil boble and wreck.
5. If your tune is good/perfect glowplugs are not a worry for a day of racing.
6. Always keep you reciver pack and transmitter charged, preferable after each race my tires get taken off my car is blowin off with an air compression and my car is checked then put on charge until its done or a race before im up again.
7. If your only running one pair of tires clean them after each race.

8. Now after race procedure is once the day is over blow it off(makes the actual cleaning way easier)Then i dump remaining fuel out of tank with just a lil left in there and i start it letting it run all fuel out of the tank, fuel lines, and engine. Never leave fuel in the tang, engine or fuel lines.
9. Once i get home i lay everything out and see what needs to be done for next week, if theres nothing the set up feels good and no rebuild required i just take my engine, fuel tank, radio box off and i squirt simple green and degreaser on the car, letting it sit for a bit i then air comopress it off and do it again until im happy with how clean it is. I barely started doing this and i tell yah after everday a whole take apart and cleanin is way over board now lol.

Hope this helps!

Gage