R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FS: Engine Parts Cheap
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Audiobahnaholic
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (96%+)
Default FS: Engine Parts Cheap

I have for sale some engine parts. The parts are for the Losi 350 and Jammin JPX 21 Plus

Losi 350 Package:
Block
Stock Losi Head
Nova R/C Polished Aluminum Head
Crank in good shape
Sleeve in good shape
Rod in good shape
Piston is junk
Carb in good shape
Turbo Head button
Standard head button
Everything here to build the engine (see below)

I'd like $30 for the whole package. This motor ran like a champ before I put a hole in the top of the piston with my piston stopper tool and hulk like muscle putting a clutch on it. Torqued it too tight broke piston, never started again. This will come with everything listed above. All you need is a Piston and sleeve set, and seal it up and it'll scream once more.

Jammin' JPX 21 Plus Package
Jammin Head in good shape
Jammin block in great shape
Jammin Carb with 7mm and 8mm restrictors or 6 and 7 can't remember what comes stock but I have the stock one and the one smaller

I would like $20 for this package. This was an Extreme R/C Modded engine that I messed up not listening to Robin. I ran probably 4 gallons through the engine with no issues at all. The engine started acting up like the tune was off and flamed out. Robin told me prior that if a Picco ever acted up something was wrong. Well at a pro series race I figured weather changed and the tune was funky. I reset it and retuned and it ran great for 2 rounds of qualifying. Then it wouldn't start. In a rush for the 3rd round I put the Losi 350 backup (listed above) in and finished the event. Upon inspection the rear bearing had went allowing the piston to do all kinds of weird stuff. The piston has bad detonation, as does the head button. The rod is in great shape as the sleeve isn't bad probably to scratched to run from the piston coming apart. When I talked to Robin about it he said I could sand the detonation off the piston and head button and put new bearings in it and get another 10 gallons out of the engine. I was going to do that and trying to get the sleeve out I broke the end off the crank. I love this engine and hate to sell it but I am going to be a part of the Radical engine team next year so I doubt I ever fix it. My loss is your gain on this engine as it was a screamer, never flamed out and ran down many of speed's in it's time. These picco's are awesome. To get her screaming again you'd need bearings, and a crank if you feel comfortable wet sanding the detonation away. If not, you need it all besides the block, head and carb. Good parts engine or a good engine for someone who would take the time to fix it. As I said I'd fix it but I have a '11 engine sponsor.