R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Pablo Diablo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkstar
Hi all,

I read earlier in this thread that the TC has more FETs than the LV. Is this a fact? Does anyone know the actual FET count in either model? I also read where AE is supposed to come out with a new ESC soon (for off-road use and sealed?)... Any update on that?

I am in the market for a new SC 4x4 speedo and have been hesitant to purchase a Tekin RS-Pro or RX8. After reading this thread, I want an AE now! I'm just not sure if the TC can handle a 4.5t or 5.5t 550 motor. Anyone?

I haven't owned Tekin before, but I'm a little leery of their excellent customer service (that everyone HAS TO USE twice a month to keep their stuff working). In my opinion, Tekin should just adopt a NetFlix type business model and rent ESCs out until they break. Then the customer can send it back and and receive another one in the mail. Duh! I guess that how it works now anyway...

JJ
Dare you to say that on the Tekin thread! The TC spec will have more fets but the V2 hasn't been released yet and good luck finding a V1. I have used a LV V2 in mod TC without a problem but it isn't officially rated for very low turn motors.