R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 12:01 PM
encore75
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdeselms
Arrgh...ordered a F/R sway bar kit from Tamiya for my TA-05 v2 and what I got has ball cup ends that won't work for the car. I look in the manual and it says I need totally different ends than what is provided in the sway bar kit...and I have to actually trim them to fit. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the rod ends it calls for!

So unless I've got something really wrong here, the instructions seem to indicate that I need 2 of the BB27 4mm cups for the mounts on the front suspension arms and 6 of the BB22 for the rest of the ends. Any insight on this would be helpful...
Yes, 4mm ballcups (Tamiya Part #51111) for the molded ball studs on the arms, 5mm ballcups (Tamiya #50875 or #53601) for everything else.

You can actually use the included ones in the kit for the 5mm ballstuds...they'll work fine if you don't want to buy extra. It's just the 4mm for the arms that are really needed to make it work on your v2. The reason they're not in the kit is that the kit was originally designed for the older TA04 suspension that comes on the original TA05, and those arms don't have the molded ballstuds (they use the ballstuds with the pass-through screw).

They're easy enough to cut through with an x-acto knife or even a box cutter utility blade for the ones you have to trim.

Last edited by encore75; 09-10-2010 at 12:14 PM.