R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 09-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Team Lotus
Tech Fanatic

MantisWorx, I am looking forward to seeing your rear wing mount, front suspension, and front wings for the 1/10 scale F1 cars. I think you are absolutely on the right track, and what you say about how the rear wing works on these cars is spot on! Post those pics when you are ready!

It is so refreshing to see someone think "outside the box" with some new and common sense ideas for not only F1 cars, but ALL pan cars. Thanks to very backwards governing bodies like ROAR, pan car design, which includes F1 cars, has become stagnant, making very little progress in the last 30 years.
Things need to be shaken up, and pan car design needs to move forward.

I for one am in favor of re-writing the rules about what constitutes a direct drive pan car. For example, why does ROAR insist that all pan cars have to have a solid rear axle? There are other ways, (that I can't reveal here because I'm working on one right now) to have a direct drive, pinion gear to spur gear rear end without having a solid rear axle.

There are several other changes I would like to see and I plan on addressing them to ROAR this week. As I said, pan cars, which includes F1 rc cars, needs to move away once and for all from the old "slot car" solid rear axle that uses either an archaic T plate or a link rear suspension, and move up to a true fully independent rear suspension with direct drive. Believe me, it can be done!