R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DNX408 Prototype
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 12:50 PM
t8rtot
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
the DNX is coming out in December you say? I guess because they set this deadline means they wont miss it like the last 2 right.

And BS about making it right the 1st time. Its called trial and error, and i am sure things they were trying to be innovative with are being changed to the tried and true form that cars out now use. Hell, when they first started showing off the car, everything seems to be machined AL, which we all gave them crap for. That is changing as more and more Plastic parts have been shown.

The JQ car has probably been more then 2 years in the making. But it wasnt until a couple months ago did he start showing it. And then explaining why he did what he did. Durango has only shown images, and nothing more. So if there a reason they decided to be soooo different. or are they doing it just to be different. Lastly, i wont be buying either car until i see one drive on a US track. Our tracks are far different then what you see in Europe, and Asia and the cars will handle differently. Also, the JQ car is going to be cheaper then the DNX, probably by 200 bucks.
Well I this deadline will be a little more reliable seeing as though its on the special privileged dealer's website now (Amain). And seeing as though this is JQ's 1st product what gives you the confidence that his date will be accurate? Even the largest of companies have to push dates back (AE, LOSI, MUGEN, ect) at least Durango have a few cars under their belt. (Not to knock JQ at all)

And about durangos cnc'd parts in the earlier prototypes- you have to remember Gerd makes just about all of his prototyped parts himself, creating a different mold for plastics is more expensive then milling and cnc'ing. And I don't think you can have a plastics manufacturing shop/garage (where it all began).

There isn't a single car made now that I can think of that doesn't handle well on both types of tracks. They wouldn't produce a car that couldn't handle on both and the recent races they've attended posted on previous pages have been on simular types of tracks compared to what we run here. Again no disrespect.

Back to the car. I'm curious to see if they'll be using the taller shock towers they've using/testing? The pics on Amain are old. And I would like to see the radio plate aswell.