R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Dragonfire
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crusty
dragonfire
i saw your car at the S.A titles and it looked awsome on the track congrats on the win!
did you use the outside or inside hole on the steering rack? Im looking to copy your set up for club racing there.
ps how did you fit twin 25 mmm fans on there i have some AE 25 mm fans but cant get them to fit
cheers chris
Originally Posted by crusty
any info on top plate mods or any other mods you have done would be awsome also.
a pic of your car could maybe help me
The car was ok but I think it would have been better with an LTC-R body for better steering at those average speeds. I always run the kit setting for ackerman as I find it is the best balance of everything. Running the longer steering links gives more steering but makes it hard to get on power without losing the rear end. You can achieve better results by reducing the rear toe as the rear end bite holds up well even with very little toe.

The twin cooling fans are attached to an "L" shaped bit of graphite plate. There is a heatsink on the motor and I space the fans up just enough to clear the heatsink although I will very likely change this whole setup real soon. My new ESC is giving me spastic low motor temps so I would rather reduce the weight up high and towards the rear of the car.

I run a butchered upper deck (who doesn't with this car) but leave the front upper deck supports in. I have found the removing all the upper deck supports gives the chassis a lot of high speed understeer where as this works much better on average. I have attached a pic of everything so you can have a look for yourself.

Something new I have started doing is running the diff without the brass washer/spacer. I find the diff seems tighter and it seems to help keep the dirt out of the diff. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has found this as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0065.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	357.9 KB
ID:	637447