R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Dragonfire
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxRain
Where do most measure droop with a gauge?

See the attached photo
Originally Posted by js058515
I would love to get some clarification on this topic. I read the manual and made the adjustments based on what I interpreted, but still didn't feel confident.

Manual states to use "set screw boss" as reference in the front and to use "bottom of hub carrier" for rear. So if I were to set ride height at 4mm all around, what measurement on the droop gauge would I use to get 4mm droop in the front and 5mm droop in the rear based on manual suggestions. Once again, newbie question I know!
I use neither. Too me droop is a number that represents downward travel over ride height and that is what my setup sheets refer to. There are millions of ways to measure this however I do this with setup wheels. As long as my cambers look very close I prop the chassis up on blocks (19mm). I then measure the clearance between the setup board and setup wheels with a ride height gauge (for my SA titles setup this number was 10F/9R). I always set my ride height to 7mm on the setup wheels which gives 6mm on rubber tires. So for me to work out the actual drop I just subtract the droop setting and ride height setting from the block size. For my front that would be...

BLOCK(19mm) - RIDE HEIGHT(7mm) - DROOP SETTING(10mm) = 2mm

And rear....

BLOCK(19mm) - RIDE HEIGHT(7mm) - DROOP SETTING(9mm) = 3mm

These numbers are actual downward travel over ride height measured at the point that matters the most, the wheel. I balance my whole cars setup from my droop setup to ensure it is tweak free and it works very well.