R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support
Old 09-02-2010, 06:16 AM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I did more testing last night on the CH12 with the double wishbone suspension. The car was on a rail. I ran into a few small snags with some screws getting loose but a little blue lock tight fixed that. The set screws seemed to get a tad free in the flex plates and droop screws in the suspension arms after alot of adjustments so i added a small dot of CA on the screw and that was fixed. It kept them nice and held adjustment perfect. I lock tight all the screws that thread into aluminum with blue lock tight. The car was super smooth, fast as hell, and handled like a dream. Tons of steering,minimal tire wear and just overall very fast. I want to try a natural rubber rear tire like a magenta or double pink as i dont think i need the synthetic foams anymore with this front end. The car rotates much better than the strut and doesnt seem to need the free feel of a synthetic tire. More testing to come. I will post my setup today.