R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 10:32 AM
AndreC
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Yeh, the F104 tire/rim combo isn't the perfect fit but really isn't off by much and will come out nicely.

I work it around til the foam and tire are as even as possible on the rim.

Then double up a heavy duty rubber band around one side of the tire so that it's squeezed tight to the rim, perfect fit, it'll get there.

Then I go to one spot, I start at the Tamiya logo so I can remember, peel the tire back gently away from the rim in that one spot and put one drop of glue inside the tire lips then fit it back on the rim and hold it for a few seconds.
Less glue lets the tire bond to the rim and not just a flood of glue.

Next I go across to the opposite side of the tire and do the same thing.

Next go halfway back towards the Tamiya logo where you started and do it again, in a cross pattern and repeat again...

You should get the idea, keep putting tiny drops in one spot at a time and you'll be dialed, it goes quickly cuz the small amounts of glue bond quickly.

Finish off this side of the tire/rim with a tiny bead around the edge of the tire/rim and try to peel the tire back gently to expose any loose edges and the glue will fill in those spots.

Kinda like welding sheet metal, one spot, move away from that spot to let it cool and weld another spot, repeat til the whole panel is welded one spot at a time.
Awesome!! Thanks!
Now I realize how bad I effed up the first set I did.