R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - introduction thread!!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Neu_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

My name is Jon Frank. I am great at inadvertently offending people on the boards and scaring them at the track and for both I apologize. I am working on it.

I was born and raised in Snohomish County. Got my first RC when I was 6 which was a Nikko something. I joined the Army when I was 19 back in 2001 and got a Duratrax Evader as a present from my sister in 2003. Shortly after I got shipped off to Iraq which would be my home for 23 of the following 33 months. Got back into RC in May 2008 and then was informed by the Army that 7 years into my career complications from my 2nd tour made me ineligible to continue leading soldiers so I was medically separated.
I am now a full time college student and just graduated with an Associates Degree in Business Admin from SPSCC and have been accepted to the Milgard School of Business at the UW for the fall.

I buy and sell new and used RC cars to fund my hobby because 60% military disability and veterans education benefits don't exactly provide enough money to buy the latest gear so I get by with what I can while trying to support a wife and 11 month old son, Taylor Quinn (TQ!)
I just started racing at TRCR a few weeks ago after moving farther away from 4Seasons and have met some real good people there. I'll be splitting my time between Tacoma and Bremerton now that the new clay is in. See ya in the pits!