R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New to Nitro; advice wanted
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 05:50 AM
got_nitro
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catlover3178
I am purchasing an HPI RS4 MT2 with the .18 G3.0 engine, and I was wondering what glow plug i should use for every day bashing and running around. it comes with a racing ((Cold R5)) plug, but ive been told to use a hot for break in, and medium for running around and just having fun. the problem is, I don't know which size plug my truck takes, as I am deployed in Afghanistan and I am having all this stuff sent home to Arizona. What glow plugs should I include with my package? I have pretty much everything else covered, with the exception of fuel, so any advice on what fuels to use would be appreciated. ((i am being stationed in northern NY, so what should i equip the truck with for cold weather?[10F to -45f]))

Any help/advice would be highly appreciated

SPC Campbell, Matthew

+1 to read the manual.

Top add, depending on the nitro% you are going to be running is how you determine what plug to use. Low % (20 and under) you want a hot-med plug. The higher you in nitro% go you want to use a colder plug. Im not sure on what length plug to use though.

Remember, cool weather requires a richer tune, hot/warmer weather needs a leaner tune.