R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SRS Speedway Scottsdale Az now SUCKS...
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 03:07 PM
clarkrw3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I too have recently gotten back into RC racing from a 5-6years off. Had two kids graduated from school etc. I can tell you I have had the EXACT OPPOSITE experience at SRS!!!! Keoni has always treated me well, always answered my questions and I love the way he runs his races! In my years racing at the big tracks in SoCal I NEVER felt as welcome as I have felt at SRS. The fact they do not allow talking on the stand is FANTASTIC! This is a fun diversion for most of us and if it stops being fun because someone is yelling at you for driving "wrong" or marshaling "wrong" it looses it's fun fast. I have come out and not raced with my kids many times and have always felt welcome with them as well. I would love to get my son into racing and I feel that SRS would be a place that he could learn without getting trashed while he does it.

As far as fees go, I KNOW what it's like to have a business around the corner from SRS. How hard it is to keep the doors open right now and how I often get NO paycheck so that my employees get to take money home to their families. I have NO problem with the fees, have you been to a movie lately? I think it is pretty cheep entertainment and I challenge anyone try and keep the doors open in a business right now! It's HARD! I only wish I could support Keoni's business better. With things in my own business the way they are I am buying used it seems these days.

Thanks for the hard work the great track and helping me when I have stupid questions!!!