R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 04:06 AM
mr crum
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Ran 3 new things I’ve never ran before: Speed Passion 2.1 Prostock ESC with the V3 17.5 motor, Top Photon, and LTC-R body.

Since this is the SP thread I would like to say I’m very happy with the ESC. I used Marcos J. (THANK YOU!!!) carpet setup and it went very well against the Tekin’s. Unfortunately I couldn’t test the full potential of the setup as this track has only about a 50-60 foot straight but the infield speed was awesome on what I called a technical track. If I get the setup right with the Photon, I think it would even be better. Motor temp with a little heat sink and fan came off 6 minutes consistently at 120 F. Could have pushed the settings more probably but didn’t know what to change and didn’t feel like killing the motor when I was trying to also get the car setup right. Any suggestion for ESC changes? I only changed the drag up one setting but motor temps stayed the same.

Also, with the 528 stock software, is there anyway to turn off timing/supercharge like say with the programming box INSTEAD of reloading new software via computer so I can also use the same car in the stock class (without timing) with some kind of flashing lights that show this by the push of a FEW BUTTONS?

Any advice is always appreciated.

Ivan
in order to get the blinking light and true spec settings you have to put 508 no timing software on your speedo