R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Arahawak
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F1Jet
I hope they do NOT ban the new Wolf at the TCS due to something like "limited availability." It was advertised a long time ago, released, and those who planned ahead had plenty of opportunity to get one. Heck, the car is already past advertising as the NEXT body set, the Lotus, is already being advertised.

Front suspension does not change the chassis. The precedent was set with the F103 which had three different front end arms (the original black plastic arms, the trick caster-changing arms, and finally the hard gray carbon arms). To me, these were tuning options to be bolted on/off as needed.

But no crazy combos - somebody who tries to run long arms with a narrow body or vice versa should not pass tech. That fits the spirit of F1 rule number 5, no mixing of wings. The Wolf is sold as an F104, I say let them have at it!

But they will probably ban it anyway because there are plenty of treacherous ex-F103 drivers with ten+ years of experience that would take the extra width, the different rear wing, the wide body, and the different tires and tune a very competitive car. You know, looking for the unfair advantage!

At the very least, somebody who bolts a set of soft option rear tires and hard fronts onto the Wolf should be stable. And with the correct tire inserts, They might be very competitive...perhaps to the extent to lap the narrow-car field?

One thing that made F1 interesting was the different cars the manufacturers brought to compete. Nowadays everybody tries to copycat and the paint is the only way to tell them apart. But if Tamiya keeps releasing more body sets from different eras for the F104, we could have some interesting battles!

What do you think? Predictions please!
What is the main difference between the Wolf 104 and the usual 104s ??

From what i seen, its only the front of the Wolf 104 which uses the 103 fronts right?? Unless there are changes to the rear, as in to make it wider, i guess, that will make a difference.