R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 05:26 AM
Dragonfire
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Hey guys, agree with the sentiment here. Have used Tekin and HW and was very happy with the latter, but the BD is just better. So smooth and so easy. Running 10.5 TC I do feel like it could use a "profile 6" for that little bit extra legs for very large tracks, hopefully something like that will be coming in v3
I have discussed this a bit with Pablo... Based on how I think it works I am sure a profile 6 that wound up more or faster could be geared a little lower and you would see similar temps with more punch (more punch would almost be cheating!) and a stronger top end spool which is the only area this ESC looses and ground.

I would have to say though Craig that they way you left behind the fastest 10.5 car on the track (fastest on the main straight) out of the turn onto the straight more than made up for your small lack of top end. Of course the fact that you had your advantage out of every corner and not just 1/2 way down a straight must have really helped you almost pull off a win from the back of the grid. Gotta say I also felt sorry for Matty having two BD's right behind him in 17.5. The start of the 1st final just summed it up.