Thread: RC Sponsor
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 02:47 PM
bevofrancis
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
In one word. Long story......
Basically, help out in any way you can. If you're vehicle is good to go 'til the next qual, ask another driver if you can help pit for their qual. If marshalls are being called for, go out n help, and grab a water hose while your out there. :P
The marshalling thing drives me crazy. I was at the ohio state fair race this year, and every time it was our turn to qualify noone would marshal. We raced after the electric cars and there was only 5 or 6 of them running. So we needed 3 or 4 extra guys to step up and fill in the open spots. We would do our 3 minute warm up, and then the race announcer would make us pull in the pits and shut our engines off while he begged people to come and help out. After 5 or 10 minutes of setting there waiting, someone would finally come up and we would start our qualifiers with cold engines.

I couldn't believe that none of the bigger named racers were coming up and helping out. If I would have been one of their sponsors I would have been very upset that they didn't offer their help.
This is really the case at all the races I have been in. It usually turns out that my group of friends end up being the only ones that help out marshalling, when they are short a person or two.

There needs to be some rule that if you don't show up when it's your turn to marshall, or find someone to take your spot, you are DQ'd with no refund.

Sorry about the rant about marshalling, but it drives me crazy when the entire event gets held up, becasue people won't help out.