R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2002, 11:03 AM
darnold
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Foams- Awesome that you got your car!!!! Tire Tuer that I use is the Cobra Tire Lathe. I think it is as accurate as the Hudy and with the dragon skin on it is only a little more work to use. It cost about $200 but that price might be high now. I've had mine for all three of the years I've been back and no problems. I keep the belt/bearings oiled and the unit clean. On the center shock spring use the green if the track is bumpy or very low in traction and use a "high" preload (you will see that term in the intructions). Normally Dieter told me that they use the silver spring that comes in the kit and sometimes they will use the blue spring. This car has more ground clearance so you can use smaller tires tool. Oh yeah I already posted something on that...doooh. Rember to do the spacing on the steering block like I said to start out because it also sets roll center, I think you have the post on that one. Also, don't forget to turn the bottom pivot balls upside down when you put them in so that the lip is not touching the spring. You do this only when you are using Associated Springs since they are a little longer than Trinity Springs. The Guy who does custome T-bars (see a page or so ago for his thread) would be a good source to tap in the future for T-bars also.-Dave