R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 04:21 AM
woodys3b
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Not sure exactly what those part numbers are, but I know that the RS & RS Pro both will EASILY fit in the ver.2(mine certainly do), & yes, they & the proper motors should work VERY well(really the motor is becoming less of a big deal, as long as it can handle the timing advance that the RS can put to them, & I'm sure that Tekin's motors should work fine). And for servos, I like using a Futaba 9551 in mine, it's small(ish), light & still has good speed & torque, & most any decent LiPo will do well, though my preference leans towards Thunder Power's packs.....
I use this set up as well. Can't go wrong with the Tekin RS. I'm using a Novak 21.5 but as Grizz states, it isn't really important. I love the 9551. It is short enough that if your receiver is on the smallish side, you can put it behind the servo rather than stacking it on top of the servo. It's performance is very good as well. I would recommend that you get a Kimbrough servo saver for it though. I just can't seem to get the Tamiya ones to work well.