View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 01:16 AM
merdith6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hello

Originally Posted by rcdude236
ewwww. I love the Go's. Im just gonna do 12-15 tanks on it like they said
Wrap the head with whatever, I use a bandana and a rubber band.

I like to lean the bottom to keep it runing and raise the idle some too, heat it, fire it up, let it idle for a tank, shut it off just before it's really low on fuel, make sure the piston is free, let it cool....

On the second tank, heat it up, fir it up, let it idle only for the first half of the tank then slowly giving it some trigger, not much 1/4 throttle and richening the top to keep the rpms down put it on the ground drive it around gently with plenty of room to be safe and relaxed, I like to do it at night personally, but the day is fine just watch the temps, not too hot, not too cold..

Finish off the tank, then remove the head wrap and let cool check piston...

Heat it up, fire it up, drive it around gently and you can feel it freeing up slightly and you can give it 3/4 throttle but don't be afraid to let it idle a bit to let it cool if you have leaned the top even 2 hours...
Run out the tank, let it cool bla bla..

Heat it up, fire it up drive it around and lean the top an hour each tank for two tanks, let it cool.

heat, fire, drive it around with it still slightly rich where it will drive but not fast for 3 tanks continuous leaning it only enough to get to 3/4 speed, you may need to fatten the bottom end back as you make med length passes with long turns, and if it idles high drop the idle back to normal, then check the bottom end...

then run it for 5-6 consecutive tanks leaning it slightly until it runs fairly fast, but still fat enough to keep the temps down around 200-210..

Final tuning is done at the end of 18 tanks or 1/2 gallon.

Then take it to the track and tune it a bit more, but give it plenty of time to heat up before hammering on it, and it doesn't hurt to be nice to it all day, after the first race day it has about 1 gallon on it, or 3/4 gallon and it just about perfect.......