R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - werks b6 vs nova p5xlt
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Lille-bror
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Werks
This thread, just like all of the this engine versus that engine threads is getting out of hand. Here is my take on things, do our engines flame out? Yes, do other brands of engines flame out? Yes. Will any engine flame out if not tuned properly? Yes. So if an engine is in proper operating condition and tuned properly the moral of the story is it will not flame out, period. Novarossi makes good engines, we make good engines, OS makes good engine and so do several other companies. Any of these engines if not tuned properly or not maintained properly will not function properly and how will you see this? Probably through them flaming out lol!

I can say from personal experience and from running with Kortz, his B5 and B6 engines have never flamed out at a race. Is this because he gets some type of magical super engines that have back plates riveted on like the other brand in discussion on this thread? No, he runs box stock engines and when I send him motors I simply take a random box off the shelf and send it to him. Your favorite shop, distributor or team driver has just as much chance as getting that engine as he does because I do not take them apart before sending them to him. I do this because I use him as another way of checking to make sure that our products are operating properly. So there is no cherry picking or anything going on. So the question them becomes why does he (and the vast majority of other people) not have issues but a few random people do? It probably has a bit to do with understanding how to tune the engine properly, and I say that without knocking anyone's skills or anything else. Each brand/type of engine simply tunes differently and it just takes a little bit of time to come to terms with the differences when switching from one brand to another, that is it.

Now I'm not the one to normally start slinging dirt but I think that some of the people on here might benefit from a little history lesson. So what I will say for all of the Nova people that seem to take a liking to bashing our products is this. In all of the time that I have been involved with RC racing (10+ years) I have never, ever (let me repeat that again ever, ever, ever) seen a top pro and paid driver break a contract with an engine manufacturer and stop running their products mid contract because they could not finish a single race without flaming out..... except once. I will also add that this companies support included having representatives from the factory in Italy at these races in the US and also included a dedicated "engine tuner" from Italy that was sent to a couple of races to do nothing but tune this one drivers engine, and he stilled flamed out in the final! For those of your wondering this driver later went on to win the US Nationals and become one of the top drivers racing today. And the name of the engine company that he frankly gave up on because he could not finish a race with their motors even with Italian wonder kids tuning them started with an "n" and ended with an "ossi".

I'm not naming names as I'm not trying to drag anyone through the dirt with this because I respect that person for taking the risk of potentially harming his name to do what he thought was right for his career and his own personal success so I'm not going to go any further into this. I mention this solely so that those people that seem to be preaching from a pulpit (which I will point out is usually because they are either financially dependent on the sale of another brand of engines or have a personal vendetta against us (both of which I think is pretty obvious when you read their posts)) are brought back to reality about their supposed infallible engine brand.

For the rest as I have mentioned to the OP once before there are a ton of good brands of engines on the market available at prices that to date have been un-heard of. I would like to think that I had something to do with that and like me and my product or hate me and my products I think that all of the consumers in this hobby will ultimately benefit from the things that I have done and products that we have released especially over the last year with our B5 & B6.

As far as which engine you choose to go with, talk to people at your track & talk to people at your local shops. Find one that fits in your budget and one that you can get support for if and when you need help and pull the trigger. If it is a Nova, Werks, OS, OD, Orion, RB or whatever honestly I don't care. What I do care about is that at the end of the day you are happy with your decision and continue participating in this hobby which ultimately benefits everyone!

Regards,

Ron
Hear hear!!!

I actually talked to the Scandinavien distributor of Novarossi, to sell Werks engines too. Werks are great engines at a great prize. For the time being they will wait for some new HPI engines and perhaps HUDY engines.

Ron: Do you sell Werks engines in Denmark? There are several of the B5 and B6 at the Danish Nationals.