R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Dragonfire
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
I get three full runs from my 180mah rx pack and a Tekin. My car is also faster than the BD equipped cars at our track. The only time a Tekin is slower than an LRP or BD is when the tekin is not properly set-up. I've run all the current speedos but the GM. I always end up back at the Tekin. Smaller, lighter, faster. Of course LRP has recently made their esc's user updatable, and that new Nosram would look great in my CRC cars........
You will have to let everyone know how you are getting so many runs with a receiver pack in your Tekin. Everyone I have seen here barley get a single run with a pack that size.

Mangoman: The input into the BD is direct into the ESC's BEC. Therefore powering the +ve and -ve wires out of the ESC and whatever they plug into. This argument was brought up when the ESC first came out and wooped everything. The speed has nothing to with the receiver pack cause if it did the receiver pack wouldn't last a single lap. Its just dynamic timing same as any decent ESC on the market.