R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Servo Arm Centering - Subtrim vs Linkage?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:29 AM
jwm2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I like to use the sub-trim. If you use the reg trim it will change the center and then the servo will throw more one direction than the other. With the sub trim it keeps the throw equal on both sides. You can use the linkage but why not do it the easy way and just use the sub trim.
Thats exactly what i did with my buggy. But now when setting up my truggy i'm wondering if i should go the other route instead. Both will accomplish the same end result which is a straight line when not touching the wheel, but which method has an advantage once i turn the wheels? Thats assuming one has an advatage over the other.

I like to read and search google (since the search here doesn't work anymore) to find the answer to my questions and problems when i run into them. I'm sure alot of us do the same thing. But i've run into conflicting results. Some say adjust the linkage, some say to adjust the subtrim and others say to buy 8 servos and find the one thats the closest to dead center and take the rest back for a refund, LOL. Some even suggest buying hitec servos with a programmer so you can manually change the center point in the servo itself. The last 2 options seem like alot of hassle and wasted money. But if people will go to those lengths to find or make a servo dead on center with the servo arm, then there must be some sort of advantage of it right?

I realize i may be over analyzing it, but even within this thread you have some who prefer subtrim and others who prefer linkage adjustment. But neither has stated a very solid arguement one way or another.