R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 01:09 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by stonedgti
Saw a new pro4 blow a oneway gear the other day. I would think they learned a lesson from the EVO3.
As it seems there is exactly the same problem as with the EVO3. The oneway is constructed the same way as itīs with the EVO3 so the onewaygear sits at the opposite site as itīs with the TC3 or the SSD. So if there is a a very strong force toward the gear itīs moving away from the oneway itself. This is happening in a crash. Even worse is the fact the gear is held with 3 screws only so the distance between the screws is even larger.
There are some solutions for the EVO3 some are working not bad but most canīt stop stripping the gears overall. But there is a final solution using another custom oneway. I think lot of guys know of the Jürgen oneway. Iīm using this one since about 8 or 9 month now and Iīm still using the same gear and didnīt hear anything other from all the other guys using it.

Today I got a message now the guy who is making this oneway for the EVO3 now also is making a similar one for the Pro4. Itīs constructed similar to the TC3 or SSD oneway also the backingplate is much larger. If you look at the picture you can the the differences. For more informations you also could read an article at the website of this EVO3-driver from Denmark. It looks a little different but basically itīs the same construction.

Anybody interested should send me a PM for more details.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jürgen oneway pro4.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	32935