R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 02:43 PM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 95lscoupe
See in md we don't have that problem in vta. We all run open esc 21.5t the lrp sxx castle novak and tekins are all in the same laptime area and small clear lexan pancar style wings or if you have a Pantera body the wing that comes with that is good enough. Full boost and timing on vta tires and bodies acualy isn't that bad.lol
VTA = Slower, driver skill based racing, 64-73 Era bodies. Cars are of similar speed capability. Locked ESC, 25.5 motor for 9/2010 (next month) are what's going to be accepted at the regional and national level.

Open 21.5 = Sportsman Touring Car for 2010 per ROAR.

From your perspective, might as well put on the TC body and tires and you're still good to go. I'm not knocking what you're doing, just trying to put in in perspective with what's going on elsewhere. As long as your group agrees to race with those rules and and it works, more power to you. But, don't complain when we speak of the national level rules. They are there so that if I come to your track, I can be competitive.

At our track, some of us were getting our 17.5s tuned so well, we could keep up with the 13.5s on last years ESC.