R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - $900 kyosho?
Thread: $900 kyosho?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Andrew Rieger
Tech Rookie

For that price, I wish that Kyosho would be more innovative. If anything, the price is helping other companies. Kyosho is one of the best in terms of quality but frankly, the design seems a little outdated to me. The Durango will be under the Kyosho in price, equal or better in quality and much more forward thinking. I think the thing people love about the Kyosho is the reliability. It stays together, drives well (might not be the fastest but it will finish the race) and for some people, that is all that matters, cost is no object. Some of brought up the point that you often add hop ups to your cheaper cars but I tend to run with the parts in the box so that is not really an issue with me. And about the quality thing, yes Kyosho is still king but there are other cheaper options that come very close. Xray is less, so is Odonnell, Mugen stays together, the Associated is NOW very durable, many are very impressed the the performance, durability and quality of the new Agama car.

If you want to spend the money, go for it, but for me, there are better options out there.