R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Looking to open up a LHS
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 08:40 PM
hookem34
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
You would have to have a TON of money if you want to purchase/get manufacturer support.

Or you will just be buying from Distributors.

But, thumbs up to you! We can always use more places to buy stuff from!
Well I do have some considerable amount of cash along with a couple well healed investors (always looking for more ).

A Main really is my inspiration. Their customer service is top notch. I don't see why we can't have options that are as good or better than what we currently are seeing. I just feel that the industry here in the States really is lacking in top notch facilities. My experiences with many shops is that they tend to be a very mom and pop operation (not always a bad thing) without much direction or vision for something more grand.

My love for the hobby is what is pushing me in this direction but I fully intend on making a nice profit but not at the expense of service, quality of product or friendliness. I just think it is dangerous when large companies have a monopolistic advantage over everone else, thus removing competition and not benefiting the most important segment in this hobby.....the customer!