R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi4
Thread: Schumacher Mi4
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 04:51 PM
skypilot
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
On Saturday, I ran the dual-link steering with 2mm spacers under the cross bar, and it seemed to work OK. But at the end of the day, I got the hole counter-sunk, so the spacers are off now.

Does anyone know the spacer configuration for the alloy suspension blocks that give the same geometry as the plastic ones? I only installed one side on the front so far. I used 1mm between the upper and lower block, and the stock 2.5mm between the upper block and bulkhead, and things look pretty close (I've only installed one side so far, so I was comparing to the other side). But I don't really have a way of measuring more precisely.

Also, now that I've got the front apart, I'm noticing that my front swaybar is pretty tweaked. When I push up on one side, it lifts the other almost the same height. If I push the other side up, it barely lifts the first side. I had previously noticed the same thing in the rear, but I've ripped off the left rear a couple times, so it wasn't surprising. The front has never been wrecked like that, though. Is swaybar tweak pretty common?

-Mike
Originally Posted by JoelV
1mm between blocks in the front and 2mm between blocks in the back. The hole on the bulkhead is 1mm higher on the bulkhead in the rear.
what he said about the block spacers, and by front and rear he means the front of the car and rear of the car, not front and rear of the hinge pin. and the bulk head spacers are your choice, if you 2.5 with the plastic then use 2.5 with the alum. I don't usually run sway bars for that very reason,