R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ride Height Question??????
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Sein
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 808gx7r
i never insulted him. it was the choice. he makes himself. i just put that there so he did his research before he posted it. i dont care if he has 7000 posts... dooesnt mean you know everything.

i posted this because i own 3 buggy's mbx6, losi 1.0. and xray 808. and droop always effects my ride height. i will always set my droop before ride height. if i dont the ride height ends up way to high
Don't worry about it bro! Let just get back on point.

Now you say your droop makes your ride height too high.

Lets just define droop:

Droop -- The measure of shock droop is the amount of uptravel the chassis will have if you weigh the car with its full running gear (servo, batteries, motor, etc.), settle the chassis (press down and release on the chassis), then lift each end until the tires lift off the ground. The total upward movement of the chassis at each end is measured as droop.

Now ride height:

Ride Height -- The space between the lowest part of the chassis and the ground, measured with all of the car's electronics installed; racers measure the front and the rear ride heights separately. There should be enough ride height so that the suspension can be engaged enough to soak up whatever bumps and dips occur on the track, but the chassis should be low enough to the ground so there isn't too much chassis roll (related to shock settings).

I can adjust my ride height and my droop does not have to change.

And to answer the original question, just compressing the springs is the proper way to raise ride height.