R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Driving style, differ with car?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Slider30250
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i get you but woulnt the 1.0 t, flex chassis really help with the handling with rutts on the track ? im gone to have to get a new chassis anyways i bought it used and by looking, at it i need a new one anyways.
If you already have the chassis then there really isn't a reason not to run it, just don't expect a dramatic increase in lap times. An increase in ride height plus a softer spring/shock oil setup would be better for the rough conditions. Reducing your droop setting 2-5mm front and back will help with the ruts

Originally Posted by tc5 man
you are right about the push, the 1.0 t has even with the short steering rack.
im trying to figure out how to get rid of it. on power at least with the short rack it pushs kind of bad when on power.
I stopped running the short ackerman plate, although it would increase steering just off center I would lose steering mid corner due to the extreme angle difference between the inside and outside tires.

The one thing that I did that I didn't get to test before getting my Mugen was the 4.4 (silver spring) up front and the 4.3 (purple spring) rear with 35 wt shock oil front and back. By squaring up the spring and shock oils generally you will dial in a lot more oversteer even with the stock 7-10-5 diff oil setup. The on power push will be there on all buggy's and truggy's, it's all because of the compromise with the center diff. The harder you drive, the more it diff's out to the front wheels, the more of a push you have. Start with an oversteering setup and learn to drive it so hard that the truck or buggy starts pushing too much for your liking, then you will know that you are fast.

Last edited by Slider30250; 07-26-2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: added info