R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - is the D8T an old car
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 06:21 PM
cluffy1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i no i can't drive like a pro but i want my car to be able to keep up with them. at the rocky cup(australian regenal event) we had had people like kyle mcbride(mugen) Jason dyckoff(accociated) and Ian Hayley(hotbodies) and afew others and ian couldn.t keep up with the other two. there were 3 D8Ts at the event and Ian and I finished in the top 5. but the mugens and accociated cars were so fast!!! they had no problems jumping and getting around the tighter parts of the track. thankfully the track roughted up really bad and that allowed us D8T drivers to shine but it was still a hard drive to keep up with the others.

ian and i spent all of our spare time seting up ours cars. the mugens and accociated cars looked like they needed very little to get them on the pace.

these cars are good when you have a clean track to drive on but when you are going through lap trafic and the track is not very wide you need a car that is more nimble and i don't think that the heavy and tank like tactic of the D8 and D8T is the most competative way to go.