R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - wilmington ohio I-71 exit 45 offroad track
Old 07-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Driver86
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
so your saying you can't handle it shannon?
Oh, I'll handle it when my brushless gear arrives (on it's way from Cali right now)

Last couple of weekends have been a disaster for me with mechanical failures. Work has been hell this week and I'm exhausted, so I'll not be there tonight guys.

However, next week dinner is on me. I'm bringing a mini-grill and hot dogs. If anybody else wants to chip in with chips or dessert then that would be cool.

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
Its possible that you got a bad battery. Venom batteries have a bad rep from what I hear. Tony at hobbytown told me the bigger Venom batteries are not very good.. How old is your charger?
Tony likes expensive stuff. He'll tell you to get a Tekin brushless system and MaxxAmps batteries. Now to be fair to the guy, I've heard the same about Venom batteries and Venom products in general are garbage that they don't support.

Try some Chinese batteries from http://www.hobbypartz.com
I know a lot of guys that run these and are very happy with them, myself included.
The only problem is that people tend to buy them in bulk when they're in stock, so when you see them in stock then you'd better jump on it.

You can also spend a little more and get the same batteries from e-bay without having to wait on them to get stock in.