R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2004, 12:56 PM
rc-zombies
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by cartmen34
I'm still considering getting this car, and the only thing that has stopped me is this gear breakage and lack of parts. Since the car is new, I'm sure the parts will be out eventually, that is not a problem. But I have a question about this method of boiling the gear....

Why a pyrex bowl? Why can you not let the gear sit in any bowl you have just laying around the house?

And also, and this is directly to rc-zombies, what is this ultralon you are using on the gear? Is it an Rc product (something I could get at the hobby shop)? What purpose does it serve? I'm guessing it's just some kind of lube right?

Thanks ahead of time for the answers guys!
Parts are entering the US now...just a matter of the distributors getting it out to the shops as quickly as they can.

Any bowl will work...

yea..it's a lube made by paragon...the stock lube that comes with the kit will do just fine... with the ultralon it dries on the part itself.. very thin lube...and may get obsorbed by the gear. I use it other parts of the car... it doesn't attract dirt... got mine from Tower...but your LHS should be able to get it....
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDT02&P=7