R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is it the engine or is it the clutch??
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Tony Newland
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Do-Over
Uh.... After reading the post I'm curious. I have an RTR RC8T with the stock .28 motor. I'm noticing my top end really isn't where it needs to be. (not that this motor will be great) I have the stock shoes and springs and the engine seems to rev well but doesn't "pull" on top. Well I had noticed that the bell has heat discoloration. I didn't know if it should or not. (still new) From what I'm hearing I'm assuming my clutch is just slipping. If this is the case what spring/shoe setup should I use? Also, I'm saving for a B5 now. Is there a setup I could use for both?? If not what should I get for when my B5 comes? I'm not too worried about this motor... just want it to last till my B5 gets here hopefully!

On a side note: I was wondering what that weird sound I kept hearing was.... Sounded just like you said... vibrating metal.....

Cheap parts that work well please. Work is slow and I'm having enough bad luck as it is with these things!
The AE clutch is one of my all time favorite clutches..... I ran alum shoes and 1.0 springs and it was dialed..... just alittle spendy was my only complaint. If you have a RTR its most likely got carbon shoes in there (which you probably wore out breaking the engine in)

replace them

also if your center diff out out of oil or light on oil it will blow all your power out the front tires, watch them next time your at the track, that will make it feel lazy accelerating also