R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Track Updates in San Diego
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 10:59 PM
threeEwes
Tech Regular

Default Track Updates in San Diego

To all San Diegans:

I haven't been here in a while. During the winter months I coach sports so now that my season is over I can dedicate some time to the other hobby.

1. Komet R/C Racepark: During my coaching time the track
was idle. The re-fence job which was to been started in the slow time DEC, JAN was started last week-so the old fence is going down and a new perimeter fence is going up as we speak.
I don't know when the fence crew will be done but as soon as they are finished I will get you all know. The course will need to be cleaned up and redesigned...Probably take at least a month to get it runnable...we'll see. Also this school is undergoing a lot of changes in its school structure so please be patient.
So to all wondering...Yes "country club" is still here. Keeping in mind that site is school property there are a lot of restrictions that we have to follow to use the site. That is one of the setbacks to using the school property.

2. Another project of mine I haven't named yet..Still in its developing stages-Is in process...I work on it every day.
and I heard talk of it as far north as Temecula, Orange County
Basically our Board of Trustees plans to design, develop and construct an outdoor " Mega" Racing Facility.
This will consist of an on-road course, and off-road course
set up on a site the size of a football in the center of San Diego.
Since it is not school property this will enable our board to run this site exactly how WE WANT to run it.
Open for practices and racing weekly for the entire R/C racing community.
I have been working on this project with the help and input of a few very good friends. Hopefully soon we will make our dream become a reality. I will keep you all posted on the details.

3. Nice to see the family is beginning their racing program. Keep up the good work.

4. Our Board heard a rumor about a potential offroad track in
Chula Vista where people have been running, so we plan on going to check it out-if its legit or not. It said to sponsored by Krazy Kevins.

5. I haven't heard much about palomar but when they get it finished I will buy a membership to help support the cause.

You guys take care and have a good one.

Regards,

Chris Hall
Komet R/C RacePark
& San Diego Mega R/C Racing Complex

Last edited by threeEwes; 03-12-2004 at 11:09 PM.