R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - wiping out clutch bearings
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 08:26 PM
merdith6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default What car are you running?

Originally Posted by blacksunshine
Brand new powerhouse modded jpx 28 and a p5x are doing the same thing.I have a pro twister modded os 25 coming this thusday.And i also have a novarossi 821 b coming aswell.So i'm not dealing with worn out stuff here.I've got some ceramic's coming and if that don't do it i'm will be done with the werks clutches.And will go to a 4 shoe set-up.Also the bells i'm using with the werks are brand new.
I say use the flywheel your car came with unless it's a Losi, or Associated for example, the normal 3 shoe clutch is the best. I have an 808 so Iuse an 808 flywheel and I've found the Mugen Hard shoes to be my favorite, or the Max Life Dynamites, and Kyosho 1.0 springs. I like the kyosho springs because they are really adjustable. .90, .95, 1.0, 1.1 etc.... I like the 1.0 springs with the mugen shoes, they just fit really well. If your car has some new design flywheel, loose it, and get what fits, usually a Mugen flywheel will fit most types of cars. the kyosho and Odonnell flywheels are moved close to the engine and really only work on those cars. A hot bodies, Xray, mugen and so on would be the best....I hope this helps.......