R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Diving in to the Truggy World
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Do-Over
Tech Addict

Default AE

Geez.... these threads just make me feel like an idiot most of the time.... I'm not loaded or sponsored but I bought an RC8T RTR cuz I've been out of the hobby for so long I didnt have engines and Tx/Rx and pipes and servos laying around what I did have was a couple buddys who recently bought buggies one losi one AE and those brands have by far the most parts support in my area. I ran both and liked the AE buggy better so I bought an AE truggy. Since then I started looking at these forums everyday and all I see is HB's, Losi's and Mugen's mentioned now if I had to go back I think I would have bought a HB kit or the CE version of my truck just because its obvious they don't build the RTR's with the patience and care that a hobby(est) would or with the parts you'll want.... I had to go back and practically rebuild mine(something to consider when buying an RTR) But... from the way it looks I could have bought the HB kit and had all the stuff that I wanted(not what they give you) for about what I have in my RTR with plastic and composite instead of aluminum....... All I can tell you as someone who just spent a bunch of money I didnt really have on something that was only partially what I wanted is do your homework and make sure you get exactly what you want cuz even tho I will still be spending a bunch of money in the future I wish I would have done alot more research on the money I did spend in the first place! I like my RC8T don't get me wrong but it's only partially what I wanted and I didnt know that till it was too late....

Take your time PLEASE!