R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OS VG.21 and Hobby Services
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 08:24 AM
MotoGod
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
like motogod said , 3 and a half gallons out of one of those is not bad , air filter clean constantly? a cheap rear bearing is a cheap rear bearing

i would recommend getting with one of the local cool semi fast guys that are not "too cool" to talk to ya and have em show ya a few things bro . if you get it , you get it , if you dont , you dont . some have an easy time with mechanics and some dont , never be afraid to ask a question , how else would you learn
Yeah I used to run (2) OS 21VGs....1 in my Buggy and 1 in my Truggy. They ran pretty great, but no matter what you do to them the piston/sleeve pretty much dies at the 3-4 gallon mark. I ran em rich, lean, hot, cool...nothing mattered. Now they did run pretty good for an entry level race engine for those gallons.....but they just don't last long at all. So I pinched them and sold them.

So if you don't mind the constant pinching (if you run a lot of fuel often) then keep em and run with it. Otherwise, buy yourself a longer lasting engine in your price range ;-)