R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Jon Kerr
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
The Graphite kit comes with 4 degree spindle carriers.

FYI...The RTR car came with 0 degree spindle carriers.

Somewhere buried in my Losi information, I understood that the standard front setup had something like 4 degrees of caster built into it; and, that the caster angle is cumulative. Therefore, adding a 4 degree carrier would take the total caster on the car to 8 degrees. Can't find that reference at this time though.

Per the XXX-S manual..."Reducing total caster will give less off power steering while giving more on power steering on exit. More caster will give greater steering into the turn but less power as you exit."

Otherwise, in my real race car days...Adding caster stabilized the car on the straights; however, the act of turning the car's wheels would slightly raise the roll center of the car and affected
I think what you're talking about is the kickup and the castor block being combined to give you total castor. If you're running the 4F mount in the front and have 4 degree blocks on it, you would have 8 degrees of castor total. I do think you're right though about the effect. I think I was thinking backwards. I don't mess with castor a lot so I seem to get it mixed up sometimes which way it effects the car.