R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 09:09 PM
skypilot
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LMRacing
Team Turtle was asking for my benifit.

For what its worth my problem was that in the middle of a race all the sudden the speedo would decide to drop all the timing. It would keep going, but the boost would just shut itself off. I recalibrated the radio everytime, I even tried the 95% to 100% deal and that acctualy made the problem worse. If you held the trigger long enough the boost would eventualy kick back on (sometimes a lap or two later) and it would keep going in and out the whole race. Battery was never below 7.8v when I put it back on the charger (2s 5200 SMC 40c pack, but an older one I got used)

The only reasonable thing I could think of is that the speed controler was asking more from the battery than the battery was still capable of providing and the voltage the speedo could pull from the battery would maybe at times be less than what the speedo thought it should be. I turned the Lipo Cut-off to the off setting and havn't had an issue since so I imagine that thats exactly what is happening. I dont like running without lipo cut-off because sometimes I like to stay out and play after the races are over for 15 minuetes or more at a time (which the battery will do without droping below the lipo safe voltage) but I suppose I'd rather stay out 8 minuetes and let the speedo run properly than have extra play time and feel better about not damaging my battery.

Just though I would share, I figure I cant be the only person having this issue.
I've never had it go away in the middle of race before, BUT, a friend of mine was having those exact issues this past weekend, I will pass the info along.