R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tebo sweeps Truck & Buggy @ ROAR NATS!!
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 06:26 PM
jaredtebo
Tech Rookie

Hello Everyone. I just want to say A HUGE thanks to everyone behind me. To Kyosho, Orion, AKA, Byron, KO, Upgrade, Kalgard and to all the people that I meet at the races and everyone in rc. It is very funny to read all these threads. You want to know the truth. All the cars are pretty good. There about 3-4 people that can win at the large events. None of which their cars are anywhere close to out of the box!!!! We all work very hard on our equipment. My cars are my babies. I build them exactly how I want them and tune them to exactly how I want them to feel. There is a lot more put in then just building a kit. We put hours in building them to be perfect and have the weight in the areas where we want it. Just like Motocross. Dungey isn't riding a 2010 RMZ 450 off the showroom floor. It is the same here. We all work hard to get them the way we need them. It is about preparation and just being on your game. My cars have been very good. This race I worked EXTREMELY hard for the past month and learned much more than last year. Last year I was slacking on my testing time. Now I am doing the work at home and it finally paid off. I am so happy. Thanks to everyone that had all the great things to say......that means alot.....and to the people that don't, also a thanks to give me some more fight. Well I really appreciate the kind words and I don't want to cause anything with this post.....Just throwing my 2 cents in as well.....haha

And if anyone really wants to know why kyosho is expensive......it is not from them being too proud. It is the cost of the money exchange for 1. Kyosho is a Japanese company. And all our race parts are made in Japan. Every other company is China and Taiwan. It is much cheaper to do it there. We do not want to downgrade our products like that. Maybe one day we will have to, but for now we want to have the best quality.

And one last thing. I was not racing the TKI2. It was a TKI. The shocks are one that my Dad made for me.

Thanks again for the support. This was a great moment for me!!!!! and to whoever bet the $50 bucks.....be ready to hand it over sucka!!!!!!! haha