R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which Buggy kit to go for??
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
crazysavage
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Babygrand48
I guess i'm mistaken but I thought that most all the mfr's offered option parts. Losi sells lighter drivetrain parts, adj rear toe in etc. Do you need all that stuff? It's there if you want it. I have 3 hb cars and a truggy. Only breakage was more than deserved! Wear and slop? I have yet to see something that doesn't have it. For me fact is i'm several secs faster than with my 2.0. My stock d8's run compareable times to my bce chassis version. I've considered trying a mugen too but it seems very popular to change the chassis and I believe there are option parts for those too. Why is it that hb gets so much criticism for option parts and not the others? For me it's so much more cost effective to run hb, and the car is capable of going faster, I'm the holdup!
Right on and HB option parts are the least expensive of them all for most of the stuff they have. Most of the lightened parts for the car are cheaper than the steel replacment parts of other brands and they have lightened parts that alot manuf. dont even offer. You can make the car light enough over time that you would have to add weight to make legal if you want to.