R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight Xtreme Racing CF shock towers
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 12:10 AM
MindThoughts
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Matrix Concepts Inc or MoosRacing Both make Exteemly high Quality Carbon Fiber Parts.

Originally Posted by JG!
I bent my front rtr shock tower on my 8ight. The local shop has some Xtreme Racing carbon fiber replacements. Anybody use these before, are they good or bad. Any feedback much appreciated.
or
Should I just order some Losi race roller replacements.

I have two losi's, now I run a Hyper 9e, I'm going 100% Carbon Fiber. John of MoosRacing just made me a set of 6mm Carbon Fiber Shock Towers for my Hyper 9e. at 6mm, that's going to be very tuff, and it's extreemly high quality. it's really your choice. I know when it comes to carbon fiber, I like MoosRacing and Matrix Concepts Inc. Both excellent Choices for anyone. But it's really a matter of what you like. allot of people run both these companies and have great luck with them both. I've heard zero complaints nor regrets regarding any purchasis from either company. In fact, if you want to go all out, Robert of Matrix Concepts sells a complete carbon fiber kit. it's around three hundred dollars, and it comes with a carbon fiber chassis with built into the chassis replaceable skid plates, and replaceable droop screw plates. essentially a servicable carbon fiber chassis. not one of these chassis has broke from either company. and Matrix kit if you buy the complete kit, comes with shock towers, CF chassis and even aluminum drive shafts and couplers. Both Master Craftsmen. It would be good to at least check each company out. Robert and John both have their own web sites. Hope this helps. Oh, and the Carbon fiber chassis are lighter than the stock chassis by several ounces, and more flexible than the stock chassis. And again, will not brake. Shock towers, I've not heard of breaking either. Hope this helps.