R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 06-25-2010, 12:13 AM
dameetz
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by steliosh
Yesterday afternoon I tested my Xerun 60A with a Trinity Pulse 6.5T on my KP09 r/c motorcycle!
I usually run the bike with a Nosram 13.5T, but wanted to see how it would go with a faster motor!
So, I just soldered the 6.5T, installed the Mod528 and ran it as it was. I only changed the LVC to 3.2V/cell and lowered the FDR from 6.94 to 8.48...
The batteries I ran were Turnigy 3000/40C and 3600/30C. They all easily gave me two 10-minutes sessions on one charge, with a 10-15 minutes in between sessions, and they charged to 2700-2750mah afterwards.

The bike was a LOT faster, and for the first time I could realize when the turbo function kicked in. And it did so very visibly! For example, at the 2/3rds of the main straight, with the bike travelling at almost top speed, having pushed the throttle stick to full gradually at around the middle of the straight, you could see the front wheel trying to go off the ground!!! And the straight is quite long at 55m!!!
If I tried to accelerate more quickly at the start of the main straight, it would wheelie abruptly, and it would it so quickly that it ended in a tumble... You just can't catch it!
On corner exits it would either slide progressively (used PMT200 rear tire) or slide AND try to wheelie!
Needless to say I was using the throttle sparingly, not punching it like I used to with the 13.5T... but even so I couldn't manage not to tumble the bike end-over-end a few times! It was so much fun! And so fast!

Also, I managed to get myself lower than 30sec per lap! My old FF3 radio has a timer onboard, which I set to 10 minutes. Every minute it will beep, until the 9.30 minute when it will beep 5 times, then at 10 minutes it will beep a lot of times.
So, I roughly know that if I can do more than two laps in every radio minute, I'm good! Well, with the 13.5T I started doing 1.5 laps per minute, then as I was practising I managed to do almost constant 30-sec laps, but never really lower than that. Yesterday, I was doing laps comparable to the 17.5T RCGT cars, which usually circle at 23 (for the fast guys!) to 28sec per lap... I could do two full laps, proceed to the next 3-4 corners and then there was the Beep!

However... a mod motor definitely needs a front brake added to the bike, because braking with only the rear wheel took its toll, also, because it would slide all over the place when braking, even lightly, not to mention harder accelleration wear! I ended up lowering the ATL to 30%, just to get rid of the rear wheel locking and hopping when braking! (The stock class rules don't allow a mechanical front brake and I didn't bother to install and setup a front brake just for a few runs).

I even ran the last 10-minute session in a light drizzle, first with the worn slick tire, then with a similar treaded PMT200 "cut thread" tire... but the slip and sliding was too much! Not to mention I didn't waterproof anything, so I was in danger of frying something, so I called it a day when the rain started falling steadily!

Later in the evening, back home, the 13.5T found its way again in the bike, complete with the stock program and more practising for the World Champs will commence in the coming days!
Any link for FW528?