R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 06:25 PM
robwike
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Donations for the Race

Some people have PM'ed me in regards to making CASH donations:

Certainly, CASH donations will be accepted. But I will be unable to accept checks. I apologize for that. Altoona Raceway has an account in good standing, but here is my reason.

We are going to have media coverage. TV, radio and newpaper - are covering the event. I am keeping a running total all weekend, to monitor how close we are to our goal. Our goal, in case you do not know is $5,000. Here is where the check policy comes into play. Of course there will be racers there, but there will be spectators also. Some spectators may decide to donate. I obviously can't run Tele-check to check their validity.

For example, say a spectator decided to donate $500, and I announce the updated total, for sake of example, our new total would be $4100 with their $500. Media coverage reports our donation total is $4100, and spectator's check bounces, we are now at $3600 and short.

I hope everyone understands this policy. So, if you plan on attending, plan accordingly. There is an ATM less than 4 blocks away from track though.