R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AB Mods X-Dyno in action!!
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Colt4g63
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Unsober1
My bad.... I knew this. I guess what I was looking for was with maybe O.S. 2050 and 2060.

I don't know much about or ever see the MSR 1005 pipe. Whats is similar to ? Isn't is a much older pipe ?
Yea and there very hard to get right now if u can find one used that is... There was a place making the same pipe under the name of a 1001.. I tested it to make sure and was buying them through a good friends Hobby Shop "Asylum Extreme" which was getting them directly from the guy selling them for awhile and the guy selling these pipes just fell of the face of the earth out of nowhere.... It was kind of odd. All the sudden his phone didn't work and he was gone! Now i did hear not too long ago from a customer of mine that he seen some of the 1001 pipes on Ebay.. But i haven't looked into that for myself. The MSR 1005 is the pipe that all the BB engines are tested with from XRC on there X-Dyno as there base test pipe. It actually performs similar to the 053 pipe set did with a short conical header On the OS Vspec as you can see in my pipe comparison test. The 2060 and 2050 do edge it out a little bit on fuel economy as tested by myself and my drivers.

I am wanting to test a RE10 pipe sometime soon. There cheap and i keep hearing all the rave about them so id like to test one for myself to see what there all about.