R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Dragonfire
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
On the diff front, I modded a tube last night to take a D-ring plate, and also drilled out a diff pulley to remove the clip parts in the holes... I have a hunch that they don't help the action in the slightest. I'm going to build it up for the weekend, and see how it feels.

@decibels; Cheers for the info on the diff spring though, been looking for another one... Not overly keen on the kit item, none of the ones I've had seem completely perpendicular, so introduces a high spot..

HiH
Ed
We did the d-ring diff mod a while back and while it has its good points it costs a whole lot more to run your diff. Any dirt that gets in the diff gets between the pulley and the tube and wears both very quickly. I destroyed 4 diff tubes doing this and will never do it again. I found that supergluing the brass plate to the diff tube is the best compromise in this department.

The TC5 diff spring works a treat in keeping the pressure on the thrust bearing nice and even. To go one better I also now run the thrust bearing towards the middle of the diff and the spring towards the outside (reverse of kit) and find this works great.

I have improved the diff alot since I first got the car so I might go down the road of ceramic diff balls again soon but my exp is that carbide offers less slip while being very free anyway.