R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 05:49 AM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imgumbydammit
Man I was just looking for info like this on the front end....thanks

I run rubber tire tc tc5r on a fairly tight asphalt track and have been using a spool to this point but want to learn more about the tools available.
When might a one way be used ??

thanks in advance
Steve
I would only consider a one way when the car is not going very fast (slower motor classes) and you will not require much braking. A one way is useless in modified.

A spool car is as fast as a one-way car so I would not even play with it.

Originally Posted by POPPYD
When is there going to be a new TC5 ? It seems that the car is dated
I ended up using an exo chassis/top deck, Hot bodies double cvd's in the front with modified bone blades and castor blocks, Tamiya shocks, modifed inline motor mount. Not happy with the ball diff maybe they could get on the front foot and build a rear gear diff using some parts from the NTC3 diff
I changed to a different car and out of the box i was doing better lap times and its half the price if i work out what i have spent on the TC5 and all the upgrades/mods. I didnt sell the TC5 I WONT LET IT BEAT ME ! Next is to cange all the steering balls and rod ends to Top ones. Its still has slop in the steering links and the hubs/bearings. Is it a TT issue or an AE issue ? It seems they have been concentrating so hard on OFF ROAD that they no longer have a comp Nitro car and their elec car is sliding.
Does R Howart have the answer ? Wisppers say there is a new car comming but i have that sinking feeling its just going to be an updated car.
There could be some new parts at the Worlds start in two weeks.

The car is very good considering its age. Guys with stock cars still do pretty well. There is some slop in the ball cups that can be removed. But I agree that the design is old and that it needs updating or an entirely new car.