R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - More steering on my RC8
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 11:21 PM
bevofrancis
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
There's a hex screw in each a-arm that you can turn in or out to shorten or lengthen the shocks. This is one of the first things I'd try because it's easy. Track surface and driving style will determine how you set up your car more than anything IMO, but it's a learning precess figuring out what all the settings do..I'm still working on that one. X-Ray has a good off-road setup guide that you can download, some guys like it, some don't, but at least it gives you some kind of direction in helping you analyze your own problems.

best of luck, and don't give up on the RC8, it's a rocket and should be able to turn into the end of a pipe when setup to your liking.
I just took my rear end off and stumbled upon the droop adjustment screw. The bad part is that once I got the rear end back together I have hardly any rebound at all. I've took the buggy apart a good bit now and thought I was starting to know what I was doing. I don't see anywhere binding up, so I guess I'll just take it all aprt again tommorow and put it back together and see if that fixes it.

It's going to rain here all week so I'll have plenty of time to tinker with the buggy. It just sucks when you screw up and have to take something apart and put it back together tight after you just did it.

Right now these buggys are a love hate relationship for me. I love racing them but I hate the learning curve that comes with it.