R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - More steering on my RC8
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 11:21 AM
bevofrancis
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
25wt for the shocks is right for big bore. Mine turns just fine my setup is close to the stock setup except for heavier springs in the rear.

What we don't know is how you are driving it. You can't go into a sharp turn still be on the gas. I can with the short course SC8 but thats a whole different animal
I've tried kinds of different ways to get it to turn. Even if I almost come to a complete stop it still seems to be way behind how the losi turns. The only way I have been able to get my to turn even decently is to brake hard coming in, and then tap the brakes quickly right when I start to turn.

It's almost like I have to pump the brakes to get it to come around at all.

I'm making some changes to my car right now, and going by a setup shane racer said to use after I got the big bores on. Next time I go to the track I'm going to really try and use my buddys setup tools to get mine better. I haven't bought any setup gauges yet at all. I've been busy buying shocks, parts, and engines and have kind of drained myself for awhile. I think me and a friend might go in on one of the setup stations. Are those worth getting?

One thing I don't understand at all is droop and how it effects the car.